The internet has successfully announced itself as the most useful tool for the global population today. Ever since the global pandemic and several years before that, the top choice for any consumer to search for a particular product or service around was on platforms like Google, Bing, etc.
Over the last few years, the need for SEO for businesses to effectively target the right audience and benefit from increased lead conversion has grown significantly. So much so, that cumulative spending of somewhere around $80 billion was witnessed by companies each year on SEO alone in the last few years. However, even with the rising awareness around SEO and its importance, there still exist multiple businesses and brands that are yet to explore this unique and highly beneficial marketing practice today.
Before we jump to the benefits of SEO, let us look at SEO and its importance below.
Why Is SEO Important?
According to most businesses, the prime goal is to appear on the first page of the search engine to beat their competitors. According to research, approximately 40,000+ queries are observed every second which cumulates to a minimum of 3.5 billion searches every day. Along with this, Google is the top search engine globally. In addition to brick-and-mortar businesses with an online website, SEO is also the best choice for all businesses that only have an online presence and complete the sales through their website.
Top SEO Statistics
- According to marketing professionals around the world, approximately 89% of marketers believe SEO to be a successful marketing practice to get your business out to the audience.
- Out of all the different marketing channels available today, approximately 61% of the global CMOS believe search engines as one of the top and most effective marketing channels today.
- As per consumers’ behavior, approximately 70% of the online searches were conducted using more than three words so the scope of keyword optimization is higher when used with an SEO strategy.
- Organic traffic is responsible for approximately 40% of the current revenue for businesses, out of which 51% of the website traffic is a result of the organic search only.
- As far as CTR is concerned, all the website URLs that have a keyword in their link are said to have a 45% higher CTR in comparison to the ones that don’t.
- Social media is an effective marketing channel but in comparison to SEO, SEO generates 1000% more traffic than social media.
- Out of all the Google search clicks in a day, approximately 71% of these clicks go to the first page. Moreover, the click rate analysis indicates that 68% of the links clicked during online research are among the first five ranked URLs only.
- As Google is known to accommodate 3.5 billion search queries every day, it is the top search engine globally. However, it uses approximately 200 different ranking factors within its search algorithm to decide the rating for links.
- Lastly, 55% of the traffic on the internet comes directly from mobile devices only.
Benefits of SEO
Search Engine is one of the primary communication channels available today to allow customers and consumers to research and find businesses that can fulfill their needs and requirements. To showcase your business on the search engine at the best possible rank, an effective SEO strategy is required. Whether your end goal is to sustain brand awareness in the long run or reach out to a larger group of the target audience or even increase your revenue, proper search engine optimization is crucial for your success.
Here are some of the top benefits of SEO for your business.
The biggest advantage of implementing SEO into your business is that it does not cost any external expense. This is because as opposed to other marketing strategies, search engines are active throughout the day and the only need for any business is to organically create useful content that helps them rank higher on the search engine. The best way to do this is to write content that is closest to your niche in high-quality and then spread the same content across multiple social platforms for higher reach.
Many focused marketing strategies and campaigns allow you to specifically target a defined group of audience that you feel Will interact with your brand the best. However, with SEO, you get to attract almost everyone, regardless of their demographics by using specific keywords. The best way to do so is to create a list of relevant keywords for your business before shooting out content on your website and other marketing mediums. This will help you achieve a better rank on the search engine and attract more potential customers to your business.
Improved Website Visibility and Use
As soon as you introduce SEO into your website content, you make your website search engine friendly which allows it to appear on the search engine when the target audience searches for relevant keywords to your business. Along with this, the higher the rank of your website, the more website traffic is drawn to your business, increasing the usability of the website. However, it is important to keep in mind that to attract and sustain the attention of the target audience, you need to also ensure quality content and the website design are in place to get a higher ranking.
Increased User Engagement Rate
Any website that follows a search engine optimization approach and strategy for the website and social media handles witness quality website traffic. In simple words, there are two types of consumers that use the search engine to research a particular product or service. The first category is out to observe the multiple options available for them to make the purchase and the second category of the target audience are on the lookout to complete the purchase as soon as possible. With the help of SEO, the quality traffic that is coming to your website has a higher conversion rate potential as the engagement rate from the traffic will be higher.
All marketing practices can fall short of improving their effectiveness if they do not provide you with quantifiable results. With SEO, you will be able to notice quantifiable results through conversions, user engagement, and website traffic. In addition to that, you can also take into platforms that help you understand the nature of your target audience better, in terms of their interaction and attention span on your website. One such platform is Google analytics. Along with user characteristics, Google analytics also helps you view what keywords worked to drive traffic to your website to help you plan your content better.
The shift to complete digitization is around the corner and so, it has become extremely crucial for businesses to now change the way they interact with their customers online. The best way to maximize brand awareness is to understand the needs of the consumers and their search patterns. This will help you curate a custom SEO strategy that will help them attract new customers and retain the existing ones. Content can do wonders for your business if used the right way. So, focus on understanding your business offerings and aligning them to the needs of the customers for improved business revenue in the future.